Sunday, July 12, 2009

One & Only Royal Mirage, Dubai


Sometimes it's easy enough to have a little getaway a mere 15-20 mins from your flat.  This weekend I booked at room at the One & Only Royal Mirage right in Dubai.  I had been to this resort before, but never as a guest.  They have a nice nightclub & outdoor lounge which I had been to on a few occasions & during those visits was always struck by the rest of the resort as well.

After being a guest there, I think this may have been my absolute favorite resort I've visited yet anywhere.  The service was excellent, the room was great, the restaurants were tasty, the shops actually had stuff worth buying, & the grounds & chilled pool were phenomal!  Just loved it.  The terrace of my room (in the "Palace" portion of the resort, there are 2 different areas the Palace & the Arabian Court) led right to the pool.  Spent pretty much 2 whole days poolside lounging in large comfy chairs, cooling off in the water while ordering bottles of wine. No complaints here.




1 comment: